In this class the amazing and wonderful knitter, Heather, will teach you how to knit a basic hat.
You will learn:
- the basics of gauge and swatching
- selecting yarn and needles
- casting on using the long tail method
- how to make a slip knot
- how to work the stockinette stitch
- making decreases (K2tog)
- how to do the mattress stitch and whip stitches in
- how to block finished product
This hat class is knitted flat using approx. 260 yards of a DK (#3) weight yarn and 4 mm needle (or as per gauge). Supplies can be bought separately at Wool Trends using a class discount.
Class Dates: Saturdays, 2-4 pm on Feb 11th and 18th.
Location: Comunity Knit Space, upstairs at 238 Hamilton Avenue, St. John's. Parking and main entrance loacted at the rear of the building.